Indoor Air QualityMany people do not realize just how critical good quality indoor air is to their health and well-being. Spending many hours indoors, which some of us do, can potentially expose you to the risk of many different pollutants. So whether you are spending your time at home, at an office, or any other type of building, you are likely exposed to gas, chemicals, and other harmful pollutants. These toxins can lead to headaches, allergies, irritated eyes, fatigue, and some more serious pollutants can even lead to cancer. Clean air can even help to prevent asthma, which affects over 25 million people each year.
The Most Common Types of Indoor Pollutants
Unfortunately, indoor air can be as much as five times more polluted than outdoor air. Some of the most common pollutants include:
- Secondhand smoke: This air pollutant is especially harmful to children as it increases the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and ear infections in children. And it worsens the symptoms for asthma sufferers.
- Radon: This dangerous pollutant can enter the home through cracks and areas that are not sealed off well and is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
- Carbon Monoxide: It difficult to detect carbon monoxide because it is odorless and colorless. However, this gas can lead to multiple symptoms such as headaches, nausea, and dizziness and can even lead to death.
- Nitrogen Dioxide: Another colorless and odorless gas, this pollutant can shortness of breath, irritated eyes, nose, and throat, and even lead to respiratory infections.
With so many potential pollutants, it is no surprise that indoor air purification and filtration products are becoming increasingly popular.
Combat Toxic Air Pollutants with Indoor Air Purification and Filtration Systems
Fortunately, we offer a wide range of air quality solutions that you can count to deliver cleaner, better air. Masters Heating and Cooling by Van Valer has been serving Indianapolis and its surrounding areas since 1980. Our air filtration and purification products can effectively remove harmful airborne pollutants and prevent them from coming back.
We will work with you to find the best solution for your home or office utilizing one of our many products including:
- Media Air Filters: A media air filter is installed in the return duct of your air heating or cooling system. It has the capability of trapping even the most minuscule particles such as pollen, dust, and dander as air flows through the filter.
- Purifiers: An air purifier can remove up to 99.9% of the existing contaminants from the air in the room. They have the capability to remove smoke particles and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from the air. They can also clear the air of dust, pollen, mold spores and pet dander making it easier to breathe for those with asthma or sensitivity to air pollutants.
- Humidifiers: Humidifiers can add moisture to the room and prevent dryness, which can cause irritation for many. They are very effective for treating dry skin, dry nose, and dry lips. They are even useful to help ward off the flu and the common cold.
- UV Lights: UV lamps can minimize harmful mold and bacterial growth on your heating and cooling system’s indoor coil.
The Patent Pending Global Plasma Solutions Technology
Master’s Heating and Cooling by Van Valer is an authorized reseller for the latest innovation in indoor air quality. Global Plasma Solutions is patent pending technology that produces both positive and negative ions into the air stream. This is called Cold Plasma. It is a small air cleaner that is installed internally into your air conditioning system’s air handler. The way it works is that it treats the inside of the air conditioning equipment and ductwork first, then enters the home and purifies the air when the fan is on. It effectively eliminates pathogens such as bacteria and viruses and reduces chemical odors and smoke, including tobacco smoke.
Plasma Air Cleaners work remarkably well in homes and offices. They are also highly effective in nursing homes, churches, and medical facilities. They can help to prevent mold in watercrafts, and even fight issues such as parvo or kennel cough in veterinary and kennel facilities. Plasma air cleaners are an effective solution for any location that is at risk for pathogens.
Breathe Easier with Master’s Heating and Cooling
Contact one of our knowledgeable and highly trained staff today to discuss which of our air purification and filtration systems is the best fit for you. Your customer satisfaction is our highest priority and we are here to help answer your questions and find the best solution. You can breathe easier with Master’s Heating and Cooling helping with your air purification needs.